A vigorous massage done with two boluses, or orange sized, grain, milk, and honey filled linen bags. They are used to firmly agitate the skin and muscle, and because the bags are initially heated, begin the process of healing by activating the tissues.
Pinda Svedas have traditionally been used to treat the following ailments:
- Poor muscle tone or circulation
- Uneven skin tone or poor complexion
- Abnormal sleep or eating patterns
What to expect:
1) Expect to spend an hour and a half in treatment
2) A hot oil massage will be performed before the Pinda Sveda treatment begins
3) After the massage has been completed the therapist will introduce the pinda, or linen bag to the skin.
4) A vigorous massage will follow, any discomfort associated with a Pinda Sveda treatment can be likened to a deep tissue massage
5) Once the treatment is completed clients will be allowed the time necessary to collect themselves before being offered one of Life without Pain‘s signature teas.
6) Clients can expect to feel deeply relaxed and rejuvenated upon leaving treatment.
Treatment will last an hour and a half. For the benefits Pinda Sveda brings, we recommend adding a Shirodhara.