Depending on the approach, whether it is to remove toxins or pain, a customized herbal blend is formulated and applied to the area of concern, whether that is knees, lower back, shoulders, etc. Special attention is paid to the joints in Lepa therapy. A mix of powdered herbs will be dissolved in oil and allowed to dry into a type of plaster cast on the affected area. When removed, clients will notice a lubrication of the joint and a reduction in pain. Clients will sit for approximately twenty minutes with the paste on the skin. This treatment can be added to other courses of treatment such as Healing Touch Therapy, Shirodara, etc.
Lepas have traditionally been used to treat the following ailments:
- Inflammation and swelling
- Excess sweating
- Poor circulation
What to Expect:
1) If solely seeking a Lepa, expect to be in treatment for thirty minutes. If seeking treatment in addition to another service plan to spend additional time in the office.
2) The herbal bland will be mixed and hydrated. Once the proper consistency is reached the paste will be applied to the affected area. Tissue will be placed over the material to prevent running and to aid in the formation of the cast over the joint.
3) The paste will be allowed to dry for about twenty minutes before being removed.
4) Clients will be allowed to collect themselves before being offered one of Life without Pain’s signature teas.
5) Clients can expect to leave with a decrease in pain and discomfort in the affected area.
Lisa Belisle, Owner of Life without Pain of Ixonia WI:
I often use Lepas to treat pain in my knees as a result of loss of cartilage. I find that using this therapy helps to lubricate the joint and largely reduces the pain and inflammation associated with the rubbing of bone on bone.
Cost: $45 (Reduced cost for booking 3 consecutive treatments or combing with Shirodhara)
Treatment will last thirty minutes to one hour. For the benefits Lepa brings, we recommend doing this simultaneously with a Shirodhara.
Please call for package prices 414.529.8400