At Life without Pain we offer a number of treatments that are beneficial and stimulating to the senses, those of touch, sight, smell, taste and sound. Some of our therapies that focus on touch can be found elsewhere on our website. The session will start out with an oil massage to the upper back, neck, chest, face and head stimulating the sense of touch. A specific oil will be applied to the chest and neck to loosen any mucus. You will be tented and steam will be generated to open the pores, allow the oil to steep in and move stagnicity and mucus. For the remaining senses we will focus on therapies that address sight, smell, taste and sound. Package price of $125
What is Netra?
Netra therapy is a cleansing process for the eyes. The process involves retaining fluid outside the eye for a short period of time to draw stagnant debris from the tear duct and lubricate the connective tissues of the eye.
How can a Netra help you?
Netras have traditionally been used to treat the following ailments:
- Pain around or behind the eye
- Ulcerated cornea
- Lesions or eye inflammation
- Loss or vision or blurred vision
- Improper secretion of the eyes
1) Warm ghee will be applied to the eye by two glass cups. Eye exercises will be performed to help collect debris in the eye, floaters and lubricate the connective tissues around the eye.
2) After completion of three rounds of exercises the liquid ghee should start to become cloudy. This is an indication that you have collected debris and floaters.
3) After removal of the eye cups we will use smoke of turmeric to make the eye tear to remove and ghee that was left in the eyes. It is not painful.
4) While laying down rose water drops are applied to each eye to cool them and remove any residual ghee that is left. An eye pillow is then applied to keep from stimulating the eyes.
5) Upon leaving, clients can expect to feel clean and relaxed with a fluidity and crispness in their vision.
What is a Nasya?
The sense of smell
Medicated sesame oil is applied to the insides of the nostrils to relieve congestion and open the airways.
Nasyas have traditionally been used to treat the following ailments:
- Sinus infections
- Headaches associated with sinus pressure
- Disturbed memory
- Tinnitus (ringing of the ears)
What to Expect
1) The Nasya drops will be applied by a dropper, and clients will be asked to inhale and use alternate nostril breathing to get the liquid to the sinus cavity.
2) Clients will then be prompted to blow their nose.
3) Upon leaving clients can expect to feel relief from their congestion.
What is Kavalagraha?
The sense of taste
A short and simple procedure in which a tonic is made and given to be gargled.
How can Kavalagraha help you?
Kavalagraha has traditionally been used to treat the following ailments:
- Respiratory congestion
- Foul breath
- Bacterial infection
- Drying out mucus and sinus drainage
What to Expect:
1) The tonic will be prepared by an Ayurvedic therapist and presented to the client
2) They will be asked to take small amounts of liquid into their mouths, gargle and spit. Clients will do this until the cup is empty
What is Karna Purana?
The sense of Sound
This is the process of using warm medicated oil that is poured into the ears and then the ear and surrounding area is massaged.
How can Karna Purana help you?
It is traditionally used for the following ailments:
- Pain in the jaw and TMJ
- Neck, headache pain
- Loss of hearing
- Tinnitus (ringing in ear)
- Excess ear wax
- Nervous disorders (helps to calm the mind and balance body aches and pains)
What is Ear Candling? (not included in package price $25 extra)
This is an alternative procedure used to remove waxy buildup from within the ears, without damaging the delicate structures of the inner ear
Ear Candling is traditionally used to treat the following ailments:
- Ear infections
- Sinus drainage
- Excessive wax buildup
- Loss of hearing
What to Expect:
1) Expect to spend twenty minutes in treatment
2) The treatment room at Life without Pain is warm and inviting. Clients will asked to lie on one side while the candle is placed into the ear.
3) The candle will then be lit. The clearing of each ear will take about ten minutes a piece.
4) Upon completing treatment clients will be allowed the time to compose themselves before being offered one of Life without Pain’s signature teas.
Treatment will last twenty minutes.