- The eliminate excess water and fat deposits
- To purify the blood and tissues of toxins
- To strengthen and rejuvenate
- To maintain strength and balance
The first two points fall under the category of reducing, while the latter two fall under the category of strengthening. Abhyangas are hot oil massages first implemented as an ancient practice; they are still implemented today in therapy as a means to reduce stubborn fat deposits, eliminate toxins and reduce stress by acting upon the lymphatic system and implementing proper drainage.
How can Abhyanga help you?
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Arthritis including Rheumatism
- Minor pain associated with the joints
- Weight gain and obesity
- Poor circulation
- Nervousness or Anxiety
- Parkinson’s Disease
What to Expect:
1) Clients can expect to be in treatment for a full hour. Upon arriving, clients will be given a gown and asked to change out of their day clothes.
2) During treatment, the room will be heated for the full comfort of the patient. Clients will lay on their backs on the treatment table. The treatment table is plush and warm, and clients will lie under a sheet and blanket for discretion.
3) Once the treatment begins all four surfaces of the body will be treated with medicated oil, applied in a synchronized manner beginning with the head and ending with the feet.
4) A modality of healing touch (please see treatment page for more information) will be used throughout the massage to balance and align the body’s chakras.
5) The body will be reawakened by the gentle cleansing of the face with a hot, scented towel.
6) Client’s will be given the time to awaken and dress before being offered one of Life without Pain’s signature teas.
7) Upon leaving clients can expect to feel an overall sense of calm and well-being
I came for treatment looking for relief for my rheumatoid arthritis. My whole surroundings were so relaxing and enriching that I found myself falling asleep. With my arthritis I felt most of my pain in my feet and my hands. Even though the touch in Abhyanga is gentle and unlike any other massage, it was enough to relieve my pain symptoms. I came to take nutritional advice from Lisa, and when I combined diet with regular massage I saw almost a complete reduction in symptoms. Although my relief was only temporary, I did not hesitate to continue returning for this nurturing and deeply relaxing massage.
Jackie Pruess Sussex WI:
My abhyanga treatment was part of the Bliss Package, purchased with the Nine Day Weight Loss Cleanse. After losing ten pounds on the cleanse I returned for my finishing treatments. The abhyanga was just what I needed to spiritually and physically release the remaining garbage. Upon concluding treatment I was able to keep the weight off in part because of the repeated abhyanga massages and the adoption of a new diet as advised by Lisa Belisle.
Treatment will last one hour. Clients should plan on spending seventy to seventy-five minutes in office.